Introduction - Overview
Minas Gerais: an inspirational destination delivering a festival for the senses!
Minas Gerais, the fourth largest Brazilian State located in the southeast of the country, is a showcase for Brazil’s best. With cultural diversity, history, tradition, ecotourism, faith tourism, artistic events, festivals and gastronomy, combined with legendary hospitality, this Brazilian destination has something for everyone whether your clients are looking for history, ecotourism, adventure, romance, a family holiday, or even chilling out with friends at a spa.
Highlights for your clients’ trips might include:
- Nature at its most glorious and abundant including Natural Parks
- For culture vultures, our centuries-old cities rich with tradition starting with the state capital, Belo Horizonte. Over 60% of Brazil’s cultural heritage can be found in Minas Gerais, including our three UNESCO World Heritage cities of Ouro Preto, Diamantina and Congonhas.
- A gastronomic adventure sampling dishes rich in flavour that have been passed down from generation to generation.
- INHOTIM – the world’s largest open-air museum of contemporary art
- The Peter Lund Cave Route – a true journey to the centre of the earth
- The Royal Road (Estrada Real), a recognised tourist route spanning 1,600 kilometres that can be travelled in sections by car, on foot, horseback or bicycle